I am forced to share this section from Khushwant Singh’s last book Khushwantnama, on how to live and happy and long life. Although Khushwant says that a long life is more a work of genes, sill a happy life can be managed. And normally a happy man/woman lives longer. Hence all this hullaballoo! Enjoy the post!
1. Exercise or play a game regularly.
2. If you cannot exercise get a vigorous massage once a day to improve blood circulation from head to toes.
3. Maintain a strict routine for meals and do not over eat.
4. A single peg of malt whisky in the evening revs up the appetite. (Sorry dude can’t do this )
5. Before dinner, say this to yourself, “ Do not over eat”. Eat alone and in silence.
6. Stick to one kind of meat or veg. Follow it up with Chooran!
7. Never allow yourself to be constipated.
8. Keep a healthy bank balance. Don’t be greedy but have enough to live your life in peace.
9. Do not lose temper and laugh often.
10. Don’t lie. Never!.
11. Give generously!
12. Do not waste your time praying!!! (Seriously? I don’t agree with this one) Take up a hobby like gardening, music, helping children or people.