This post is describes the procedure for getting a Ministry of Interior, Arms license. Presently there is a ban for civilians, however Government officials can get license. There are different categories of the MOI arms license, example a new license, a duplicate, transfer or renewal case. All these are done using the same procedure but you will need to attach different documents for all of these.
Please follow the procedure described below:
- First of all you have to download the form from MOI website. Here is the link for downloading the form.
- Then you fill up the form after reading instructions.
- Normally they will need you NIC, 2 x photos and certificate of profession.
- After this you send these documents with a letter to MOI, Section Officer Arms, through your concerned Ministry or department . (Please make sure to keep a photocopy and keep it with yourself). In case of Army , PAF or Navy etc you will have to process it through your concerned HQ.
- MOI after necessary processing and approval will write a letter to NADRA giving details about your approval. They will also send you details to concerned NADRA office electronically, and also notify you.
- You will now have to visit NADRA for some paper work, fee submission, bio-metric etc.
- After this you will get your challan from NARDA, normally in a weeks time.
- The challan is an important document, you have to take it to a weapons dealer and get your weapon number entered on it, along with details of caliber. He will then stamp it with his official seal. (Please note that it is better to get the weapon entered from Islamabad/Rawalpindi arms dealers, as out of city will not work). After that you take it to CD Office for some verification/entry.
- You will then submit these documents again at NADRA. (Please note that there is a maximum time limit for the challan 6 months, after which it automatically expires. So to safe yourself the trouble get it done before the expiry, else you will have to run to NADRA office to get it renewed, which is a big hassle again).
- NADRA will then take about 4 weeks to print your MOI license and hand it over to you.
Hope you found it useful. Cheers