Here’s the worst situation one can come across. Your Q Mobile screen is broken, it isn’t working and you have to get it to the repair shop for a new touch-screen. But you need to reset the phone and wipe out all data. What to do? Even the front screen buttons aren’t working. The only thing working is the volume up/down keys and the power button. Fret not, just follow these steps.
1. Remove the Sim and MicroSD card.
2. Remove battery and wait for 30 seconds.
3. Replace battery.
4. Press volume up button and power button. The phone will start with a dark screen in Recovery Mode, showing following options: (Post updated: I have had to update this post because of the numerous messages that I have received).
You have to press the Volume Up (Volume +) button first and then while keeping it pressed with the other hand press the Power On button, both for about 15 seconds. After a slight Vibration the mobile phone will enter in to Recovery Mode. In some cases, you have to try this with Volume Down (Volume -) and the Power Button.
- reboot system now
- apply update from sdcard
- apply update from sdcard2
- apply update from cache
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- backup user data
- restore user data
5. Using volume up down key select, “backup user data” and press power button. This will backup your important files, pics, music etc on the SD Card. (If it has enough spare space)
6. Using volume up down key select, “wipe data/factory reset” and press power button.
7. Another screen will show various options, again using volume up/down key select “delete all user data…yes” and press power button.
8. Another screen will show “Wiping Data”, “formatting data”, “formatting cache” and finally “Data Wipe complete.”
9. On the top you will see Reboot system now, select it and press power button. That’s it, your phone will restart and now you can send it for repairs.